This is going to be quick, because I really don't have time to blog, but I haven't blogged for a while and I thought I had better post an update... just so that those who read this know I am still alive ;-)
Lessons from the last two weeks
1. Going away for consecutive weekends strains my ability to keep up with all the housework - hence the lack of blogging!
2. I still cry when I read Anne of Green Gables - I reread this when I was staying at my in-laws a week ago and even though I knew what was going to happen I still cried!
3. Alex needs to be supervised when he "helps clean". He decided of his own accord to clean the TV screen last week (after watching Daddy do it the week before) and managed to temporarily break the TV via over enthusiastic spraying into the electronic controls.
4. I really like card making. I made these cards from my new "Three for you" stamp set and punch.
5. "No Spend Month" would go better if we a) did not go away so often during that month and b) didn't plan holidays which need paying for that month either. (Other than that no-spend month was OK - I only went to the supermarket once, and if you deduct the holiday costs we did save money. The most important lesson was the need for delayed gratification. If you still want it/need it at the end of the month, then its probably an OK spend.)
6. It is better to sleep than to have a clean house. I suffer from the problem and inertia - I want to get up and do work before I go to bed (tidy, pick up toys etc), but am too tired to move so I just sit there. On Sunday I had a three hour afternoon sleep and I now have the energy I need to get through the rest of this week.
7. Alex is not yet ready to sleep in a bed. On Friday night we stayed at my parents and Alex slept on a mattress on the floor (having attempted to climb out of their cot on our last visit). Between when I went to bed and 2:30am he fell out of bed 4 times before we had enough and just put him to sleep between us. He then slept soundly (once he had reached preferred sleeping position of head near Mum and Dad's feet!) till 7am.
Well that is seven quick takes of our fortnight - hopefully I can get back here again soon.
1 comment:
Hi Katherine!
Good to see you back. Sounds like no spend month was.. perhaps better another month. But when are you guys NOT going to go away a great deal?!
As for sleeping vs cleaning, I'm with you - definitely sleep is best. Hard to achieve, though!
Post a Comment