Thursday, December 4, 2008

3 by 6 meme

Cath from The Picket Fence has tagged me on this three by six meme. It has taken me a while to articulate my thoughts - not helped as I've been practising multi-tasking recently!


Six things I value
  1. The confidence I have that nothing I can do can jeopardise my position before God.

  2. My husband
  3. My loving and affectionate but oh-so-at-times frustrating little boy (is it really necessary to watch me cook dinner perched on my hip?).

  4. My parents - who brought me up to know and love the Lord. It is only now as a parent myself that you start to appreciate all that your parents have done for you.

  5. Christian friendship. I have grown up all my life with an extended family of honourary aunts and uncles through the church (my grandparents etc were all at least 6 hours away), and still today it is the love and support of friends we have gained through the church that is the most valuable.

  6. Books, books and more books


Six things I don't support

  1. Exegesis/conclusions from scripture that fail to take into account the full context in which it was written(immediate or otherwise)

  2. Worship of God that fails to account for the dual truths that God is an awesome, mighty Lord, whom we can approach as a Loving Father (Worship devoid of either fear or joy/love)

  3. Legalistic approaches to living the Christian life - primarily drawn from poor exegesis of scripture!

  4. Government decisions made purely for political reasons (ie popular) rather than on the basis of rigourous technical advice (you can't tell that I provide technical advice to politicians can you?)


  5. The devaluing and subsequent oppression of the vulnerable in our midst - the unborn, the disabled, the illiterate, women.

  6. Chocolate theives....

I am supposed to tag six people, but I seriously doubt that there are that many people who read this blog and even less who haven't already been tagged by someone else. So if you are reading this and haven't already been tagged, and would like to be, consider yourself "it". Just leave a comment in the comments box!

No comments: