As for my Christmas preparations, I put up our Christmas tree on the weekend. I waited until Alex was asleep, because it was not the sort of job one does with a 16month old about.
I know that if I was a true advent lover that I would wait until Christmas Eve, but we are going away for Christmas. It is also the first time since I left home that I/we have had a Christmas tree. (or decorations of any description really!)
According to some magazine I read there aren't enough decorations (apparently for a 180cm tree, there should be about 240 - I only have 80), and it is rather monochrome, but Alex isn't fazed. None of the decorations are precious, so it isn't a major drama if he does touch one. We are attempting to dissuade him but I suspect he will not remember.
I also wrapped the Christmas presents I have already acquired. They will not be staying under the tree as I fear that they will be far too tempting for a little boy, so they are ensconced on the top of our wardrobe. Instead, I have left a 'Christmas Train' - minus batteries under the tree - that one is ok to touch ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment