Monday, November 24, 2008

UFO's

No - I haven't been visited by creatures from another world; I'm talking about UnFinished Objects. I was tidying up the linen closet (it had been visited by a 2'8" visitor!) and found a stash of UFO's - projects that are partially (or even nearly complete) but not quite.

[As an aside, I was also quite good at the grand plan - eg designing study plans for the entire semester - but the execution has always been less than the plan!]

I found
  1. a pile of mending - missing buttons, dropped hems etc
  2. an embroidered lavender bag - embroidery done, sewn up - just missing the lavender!
  3. A cross stiched height chart (that I started at uni for one of my nephews) - I have done the cross stitch and just need to sew the backing on
  4. Two mulittextured mats. I started this before Alex could crawl. I have cut up all the offcuts and worked out how to put them together. I even sewed one side up - just three to go.
  5. Tea towels to make cutlery keepers
  6. Crochet baby rug (plan to make two, but have only started one!) which I am making for friend.
I have decided that I need to actually complete these before I can start on any of the UnStarted projects (projects I have the equipment for, but haven't started) or before I buy any materials for any more projects. Hopefully I can complete most of them before I start an extra day at work in January.

I plan to
  1. do the mending in the evening after Alex has gone to bed
  2. acquire some lavender for the bag
  3. pull out the sewing machine sometime next month when Alex is asleep, or when we are on holidays for projects 3 - 5
  4. Once the mending is done, crochet at least one square for the rug/s a night.

It would take less time, but I still have to finish getting ready for Christmas (cards, presents etc) so I have given myself about 8 weeks. I will try and post updates each week (and maybe even photos as I finish!)

No comments: