Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Always hide the chocolate!

Last Saturday, Alex was playing in the pantry (that is where the baking trays are) while I was getting lunch. While there he managed to find my chocolate stash - he had a nibble before I caught him at it and confiscated it.


The next day, he had a v. late morning sleep (that's what happens when you don't sleep during church) so was starving when he finally got up. I put him down after changing his nappy and he scurried off while I was washing my hands.


About two minutes later I went into the kitchen to get his lunch, and found Alex had returned to my stash of chocolate (the pantry door must have been left ajar) and was again nibbling - although this time with much more gusto.



That much 70% cocoa chocolate must have given him a headache as he was whingy and out of sorts for the rest of the day.


Now I have to find another hiding place for the chocolate - one that's out of reach of the small scavenger and out of the eyeline of the large one!


No comments: