We are about to go on holidays for a month - the sort of holidays that require considerable organisation and forethought. My parents, John and I and the two little boys are going to Europe for a month. I think we are organised ;-)
We are flying to Munich (via a few other cities) and we stay there for about a week. We'll be visiting Schloss Neuschanstein and Salzburg (birthplace of Mozart, and scene of Sound of Music). We'll also have a few days in Munich visiting the Englisher Garten and Nymphenburg Palace. Fortuitously it is the middle of their Opera Festival and they have a free outdoor opera on the weekend we are there.
We are then going to Basel in Switzerland for about two weeks. The Australian Federal Police Pipe Band (of which John is the drum Major) is playing in their Military tattoo. (This is why we are going). We're not exactly sure what we will be doing in Basel, but as it is on the French and German border and about an hour from Lucerne and Zurich I'm sure that we will find things to entertain us!
After the tattoo we go to Stassbourg (on the French German border) for a few days and then to Paris. We'll probably spend that time at the various Musee and Jardin... before coming home.
If it gets a bit quiet here on the blog it is because I am still busy cleaning the house for the person who is house sitting for us and getting organised here. If I'm still sane after the two 24 hour flights with two small boys then I might return and post pictures of our trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment