Monday, January 19, 2009

Wedding Anniversary

OK it is not Wedding Wednesday but it was our wedding anniversary yesterday (points to those who can guess/work out how many years)



It was a very hot day (not dissimilar to today) - so pity the poor boys in their woollen kilts - but by the time we had been married and gone to get photos taken a storm was on it's way and up on the hill it was very windy. The girls weren't too flustered by this but the men were not so used to dealing with short skirts and high breeze!



These pictures are a testament to my parent's garden before the drought- for some years it was claimed that the last time it had been green at home was the summer of my wedding. That silver birch behind the beautiful bridesmaids did not survive the drought.


[For the record - we spent our wedding anniversary...... at work! Although we did eat out at home for dinner!]

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I'm guessing 19th of January, 2002, so 7 year. Please laugh at me if I'm wrong. This is actually Caitlin just posting under Bethany's account. :)

Amanda said...

These are lovely photos. Happy Anniversary.

We lost a few Birch trees in the drought. It is such a shame, because they really are beautiful trees.

Alexander is a lovely name. I am biased though, we used it as a second name with one of our little boys. I would have liked it as a first name but wasn't sure if it would go with our surname.